My first Jr. Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GouletPens

GouletPens

This was my first Jr. Emperor. I've had it for months, and I just couldn't take it mocking me anymore. The wood is a nice 50/50 amboyna burl with a CA finish. I must say I am quite pleased and already have more prepped up and ready to turn!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 1VT02.jpg
    1VT02.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 325
  • 1VT04.jpg
    1VT04.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 245
  • 1VT05.jpg
    1VT05.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 1VT06.jpg
    1VT06.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 242
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

outfitter

Very cool pen Brian! That looks great! Is that pen in the Fancy Single Rosewood Pen Display Box Item #: PKBOX8R from PSI? I got one in black and was really impressed for $10.
What do you think of it?

GouletPens

Very cool pen Brian! That looks great! Is that pen in the Fancy Single Rosewood Pen Display Box Item #: PKBOX8R from PSI? I got one in black and was really impressed for $10.
What do you think of it?
Yup, that's the case.....the black one is okay, but the rosewood one is far more impressive to me. It's solid wood!! I couldn't make one myself for the price they have them!

toolcrazy

Gorgeous Pen.

I wonder, though, is the wood used elegant enough for that kit? I am the type that thinks that fancy kits need a plainer blank as not to over shadow the kit. Or, is this just me. Even though, if I were to pick a burl, it would be Amboyna, too.

GouletPens

Gorgeous Pen.

I wonder, though, is the wood used elegant enough for that kit? I am the type that thinks that fancy kits need a plainer blank as not to over shadow the kit. Or, is this just me. Even though, if I were to pick a burl, it would be Amboyna, too.
It must have been fine, cuz I just sold it. My best customer just saw the picture, not even the real thing and wanted it. Personally, I think that only the most spectacular woods deserve a fancy kit like this. I don't think one overshadows the other, but rather the kit and wood compliment each other. But hey that's me.:rolleyes:

jyreene

That's a nice pen. Can't wait to have enough confidence and skill to do that kind of work. Gotta learn how to do a proper finish first.

toolcrazy

It must have been fine, cuz I just sold it. My best customer just saw the picture, not even the real thing and wanted it. Personally, I think that only the most spectacular woods deserve a fancy kit like this. I don't think one overshadows the other, but rather the kit and wood compliment each other. But hey that's me.:rolleyes:

You may be right. I have an Jr. Emperor that I haven't assembled, yet. I can not decide on what blank to use. I have a bunch of ideas, but nothing has struck me as a perfect match. I now have one more choice. THX

Top Bottom