My first home made blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jonrms

jonrms

I have made my own blanks (Polyester Resin) and have decided to try something during making them.. I bought 3 colours.. Blue Red and Black.
I made one of each and then decided on making a two tone blank.

Anyway I mixed it with one that was solid and used a slimline pen kit Black that I bought from Smitty.

I cant take a good photo to save my life but I hope you can see... The colour on the picture doesn really reflect how red it is.

Its a Crimson red with Deep black.

All feedback welcome.

By jonrms at 2010-12-05

dscf6535.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-12-05

dscf6536f.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-12-05

dscf6537.jpg

By jonrms at 2010-12-05

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

The color swirls came out just great! PS, if your camera is a point and shoot, use the macro setting on it and you will get clear pictures.

ToddMR

Very nice! Now you just need some black up top. I think it turned out very nice all together. I have yet to get into the creating blanks phase. Good job

jonrms

I bought a mold off of Gadget its the 3 blank one...

I love it and have been using epoxy resin with a liquid/paste colour.
I have found a place localish to me that sells various resins... and with some reading I managed to get the right mix.. I did a search on the internet and found ways to mix two colours together. the only issue is I am working in cold temperatures at the minute so I am giving myself ALOT more time before various steps.

The top of the pen would have been the same pattern but I messed up with drilling the blank... and fractured it so I used another plain colour blank I made up earlier to do the top... and with Smittys pen kit it went well together..

I will also try that macro setting.. never used it and dont have a clue what it does.. but will give it a go and will try to upload another picture... thanks for the advice on the camera shooting!!!!

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
If point and shoot, the macro setting will be the picture of the little tulip. It allows you to get close and remain in focus. Also, while in macro mode, play with your tele/wide angle control, to size the photo.

jonrms

I dont know. I posted about 6 so far.. I havnt worked out how that bit works.

I must be doing it wrong or not putting them in the right spot... could also be because I am using image shack...

KDM

Isn't getting the right timing for the gel point a real bee-atch? You can sit for an hour and then once it starts to go, it goes really quickly!!

Looks like you were too clsoe with the camera. Come out to about 1 metre. Then your flash will be more dispersed and you'll be in better focus. My photos are also cack!!

Top Bottom