My first Herringbone!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tim self

tim self

I figured for 1000 posts, I needed to post something worthy of the mark. I finally completed one of these bad boys. If you've never attempted this, it's a LOT of work. I have no idea how many hours into it but for those selling the blank alone, hats off.

Anyway, it has it's issues but here it is. Ebony, BI Maple, Braz. Cherry and black Walnut. Do with I'd taken the pattern more into account but I'll live with it. Comments and critiques welcome. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Herringbone.jpg
    Herringbone.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 378
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Craftdiggity

Nicely done, Tim. I see what you mean about the pattern, but I think it looks just fine. Every project doesn't have to be laid out the same way. Sometimes a random pattern works just as well. So what if some maple pieces are side by side? Looks great to me.

tim self

Did you use black rubberized CA glue? I like the black between the pieces. Really makes it look great!

No, thin only during assembly. It's my first completion, not first attempt. 1st is a cap only and had small voids between a few pieces so on this one, I painted tubes black to avoid this.

Thanks for the comments. I may have to do this again after getting some more boards.

phillywood

Tim, looks nice. The imporatant thing is that now you are over the fear of doing it so from here on out it would be matter of fine tuning and mastering the technique. I am proud of you trying it. It looks good for the first attempt.

wizard

Wow, that is nice. Don't really see the issues. Do see a beautiful multicolor/wood pen that is matched well with a Jr. Statesman kit. Good job!!
Doc

Top Bottom