My first FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I thought I'd try my hand at few of the CSUSA FPs that BB is closing out while I was waiting on the lacquer to dry on my first Baron. Can't say that I'm terribly fond of the kit, but it's easy to turn and goes together well. Just too bushing to bushing for my taste. I'm a little strange, remember? Used spalted Beech on this one.

20057293316_10kFP_spalted_beech.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Sorry, Anthony, but I'm not sure these are worthy of one of your fine nibs. :( But you never know, the end user may feel differently. I do feel an order of Private Reserve coming though.:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! Dario, I had to strip the lacquer off of one tube and start over. For some reason it delevoped tiny bubbles. I've not had that problem with dipping before. Anyway, I'm hoping for Monday at the latest. [:D]

Good looking pen, you have the grain lined up well. The wood is exceptional. I personally like FP & carried one till I broke the tip. Never had any probs unless I left it uncapped too long, then a few passes on scratch paper.

alamocdc

Thanks, Ray and Pastor! I actually sold this one this morning so I won't be using it. I made one from Narra in the same kit that I actually like much better, Bill. The grain isn't as striking, but it has nice chatoyance. I hadn't worked with it before and really kinda like it.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200572913391_10kFP_narra.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom