My first fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wyone

wyone

Our son seems to be in love with fountain pens, and his birthday is next week, so Mom and I created this for him. It is made out of polymer clay, that she actually wove in a basket weave style-certainly does not look like it. Made in his school colors.

Attachments

• Joey FP 1 Touched Up.jpg
    Joey FP 1 Touched Up.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Joey FP 2 Touched Up.jpg
    Joey FP 2 Touched Up.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Joey FP 4 Touched Up.jpg
    Joey FP 4 Touched Up.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

He is a bit different that way. He finds something he likes and sticks with it. I have not used a fountain pen, so difficult to figure out what to use for a kit, so we went with something pretty basic. If he likes it, probably will spend some real cash and make him something better for Christmas.

plantman

Nice !! Welcome to the world of clay. I don't think most of todays youth have ever held a fountain pen in their hands. If it doesn't have an app or a joystick, it's old fashioned or outdated. Hope he finds the joy in using one. Jim S

redraidermgr

I just started making and using fountain pens not too long ago and I have found it very enjoyable and I hope that he likes it. Beautiful Pen by the way!

OZturner

Great pen, Mitch.
It is novel these days for a youngster to use a Fountain Pen, How old is he?
Terrific Blank, in School Colours.
Nice Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Woodkiller

Very nice pen. The clay work is awesome too. I have a 16 yr old that tries to sneak off with any fountain I set down. He wanted me to show him how they worked and has been in love with them since. His birthday is next week, guess what he is getting?

SDB777

Basket weave....looks like a faux Cholla cactus/Alumilite mix!!! I like it!!

In the age of texting, and whatnot...I think more students should be taught penmanship again. And a fountain is a great way to go.

Scott (get to fly my quad today) B

Top Bottom