My first feather pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mervyn

mervyn

Hi all, following Shane's tutorial on feather pens I wanted to have a go at making one, I have some limited stock of feathers and tools PR resin and a pressure pot which is set around 42 PSI. I had to make my own mold out clear 5mm perspex because I wanted to see what was going on regarding the bubbles.

Comments on my first effort would be great.
The kit is an Elegant/Sierra black-titanium

feather-pen-lathe.jpg

feather-pen2.jpg

Regards Mervyn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Mervyn, that is beautiful. The feather pens really grab me. I'd love to be able to get set up to try making them. Very nice job.

mervyn

Many thanks for your nice comments, much appreciated!
I love making these and will defiantly be making some more, I think next time I will make a few changes, probably lose the blue feather and replace with a pheasant tail.

I will keep you informed that's again for your nice remarks.

Merv

JohnU

Great job Mervyn! I wouldnt change a thing. Those blue feathers really give the pen some contrast with the other darker feathers. A very nice combo!

mervyn

Well many thanks all of you! I didn't expect that sort of response; one question is there any member on the IAP who sells some real nice feathers, capes and stuff. We do have some good sites of here in the UK for fly tying materials, but you guys have got stuff a little bit different.

Cheers again guys made my day!

Merv

louie68

Very nice looking pen !!! By chance do you have a photo of the mold? and what is the first photo showing below the feathers looks like sometype of thread whats that for?

Top Bottom