My first Elegant Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DurocShark

DurocShark

I'd been hesitating to mess with the "enhanced" Sierra designs. I haven't been terribly impressed with the Sierras/Wall St's I've made so far. But Woodcraft had one of these platinum and titanium Elegant Wall St and I thought I'd give it a try.

Stabilized curly maple with a CA finish. (It was a freebie blank from, I think, AS.)

1_elegantblu02.jpg

1_elegantblu01.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

Definitely feels better than the typical Sierra. The mechanism just feels more solid with positive stops at the end of travel. And I like the finial and clip a WHOLE lot better. The CB design isn't as annoying as I thought it would be, but I'd prefer plainer.

wiset1

Pretty sharp looking pen. Perhaps the first of the year I'll venture into the single tube pen designs and start with this kit based on your feedback of it. Awesome work

dexter0606

Nice looking pen Don.
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think there is a difference in transmissions. Not in the kits that I use anyway

chrisk

Beautiful pen.
Don, is the transmission on the cap of this pen, like Aaron Lau's "Elegant Beauty" or in the body like the sierras.

DurocShark

Beautiful pen.
Don, is the transmission on the cap of this pen, like Aaron Lau's "Elegant Beauty" or in the body like the sierras.

Sierra. This is just a Sierra design with some fancy schmancy stuff on the outside.

And there *is* absolutely a difference in the transmissions between this and the lower end Sierras. I have both in front of me. A Ti/Platinum Elegant WSII and a Ti/Platinum Sierra. The Elegant has a smoother transmission. The WSII feels like it's full of sand in comparison.

Sorry, I glue the transmissions into the cap or I'd open them up and take pics.

dexter0606

And there *is* absolutely a difference in the transmissions between this and the lower end Sierras.

Hmmm! I use Berea Sierra's (the standard and the Elegant Beauty) and there isn't a difference. The standard Sierra transmission is just as good as the Elegant's.

Who's hardware do you use?

Top Bottom