My first decal pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

162651_132263513500389_100001502242963_191347_3882575_n.jpg

I went to Hobby Lobby looking for decals and transfers. The frogs were the manliest thing I could find.:beat-up: Frogs are great critters and all, but I was shopping for skulls and flames and stuff to appease my inner 12-year old. Anyhow, I put mahogany on a green enamel slimline, and added a frog sticker.(I don't know how I feel about sounding like my 8 year old) 4 coats of thin CA, 4 medium CA and full range of MicroMesh.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
Decals are simple to make and they will appease your inner child with any design you want.

Drstrangefart

Until Tax Season at the earliest I am without printer or software for it. I plan on getting them put together soon enough. I will be asking plenty of questions about the type of paper and software needed.

ToddMR

I like the frog, but your wife's pen looked cooler lol. j/k You did a good job on putting this pen together. I like the kit color of choice too. Nice job!

Drstrangefart

I like the frog, but your wife's pen looked cooler lol. j/k You did a good job on putting this pen together. I like the kit color of choice too. Nice job!

Yeah, the wife got some better results with the rub-on transfer as opposed to a sticker. We are experimenting right now with finding out what kinds of stickers and other (very cheap) stuff can be made to work out. Frog sticker did better than I thought it would. I'm still quite happy with this one. Learned you need to do the 1st coat of thin CA before you apply frog sticker to pen in order to prevent a light colored halo around the frog. No one wants a frog with a light colored halo.....

Top Bottom