My First Custom Order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello Everyone
Evelyn job put her contact with many people. She showed the Bloodwood and Maple segmented pen to one couple and the husband ask if I could make a fatter one with a cushion grip. Evelyn told him I could. He left the kind of wood and the color of the grip up to me. I wanted to use a wood that I'm fairly sure he has never seem so I used Amazakoue (I don't know how to pronounce it) and as you can see a red grip which I think pairs well with the blank and the plating of the kit. I hope he'll be happy with it. Steve I got to used the parting tool you sent me and it worked really well. Any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Congrats Dan. Nice looking pen. You are right, the Grip and blank and kit color all seem to go together.
:good::good::good:
Well actually, congrats on the sale Evelyn.:good::good::good::good: Bopth of you keep that up and Dan will busy, busy.

Ray

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for all the great comments. The grip came from the dollar store, Evelyn picked up two different pack and the gel grip fit the tube for the cigar kit just right. I used my digital caliper to measure the size of the grip on the tube and turned the lower blank close to that size and after sanding it was spot on. It the first time I've used the caliper for turning.

Top Bottom