My First Corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well I did have few IAP members who send me some corian so I decide to turn one ( at last )and for this reason I dedicated for the States, thanks for looking

2005728122825_corianpen1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Excellent pen, Serge, and thank you for the dedication. I might have guessed the Aussie flag with the representation of the Union Jack, the Southern Cross and the Star of Federation on the blue background. Well done and greatly appreciated.

MDWine

That looks great!!
I always enjoy the "my first ..." posts, when they look this good, it give me hope!
Nice job! As an American, I accept, I'll send you my address! [:D] [:p]

Good work!

its_virgil

Serge,
Nice job on the pen as usual. What are your thoughts on turning corian? More to come? The polishing seemed to work ok. Were you covered in white ribbons and dust when finished? Looking forward to the fish skin pen when you get all of your materials together. Thanks for joining the PalTalk chat the last two weeks.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Darley
<br />Well I did have few IAP members who send me some corian so I decide to turn one ( at last )and for this reason I dedicated for the States, thanks for looking

Darley

Thanks for the comment all of you, apreciated,

Lou, the Australian falg flick in my mind long time ago since I join the IAP and see all those awesome Freedom pen, but will be a little time consuming for the glue up, only the stars will have to be laser cut, maybe one day.

Don, Corian is hard and have to stop mid way of the pen to re-sharp my skew though that antle was hard, sanding and polishing is a breeze I use car polish for this pen.

For my fish skin pen, I recieved 2 days ago my order from BB so I will try a Baron with it, casting will be this week end, hope he goes well, I hate wastage, anyway will let you kown as he turn out on Tuesday night chat, I like this Paltalk it's nice to talk to you, Anthony, Rich, Pat and all other penturners, Cheer Mate

Darley

Don
Were you covered in white ribbons and dust when finished? Looking forward to the fish skin pen when you get all of your materials together

Yes very nice ribbon but luky I wear an old T-shirt because when doing wet sanding I was cover with sludge ( not much but enought ) if not my LOML will nail me on the wall [:D][:D]

jwoodwright

Serge, very nice. The center band has a pleasing shape. Overall great job. Hopefully you were prepared for the mess. Wet sanding makes all the difference. Car polish works great as you found out.

I'm looking forward to a heftier pen from the glue-ups. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom