My first contribuition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chuditch

chuditch

G'Day....though I have been a member for some time this is my first contribution. The photos show what the Pen Kits are and the species of timber I have used. I ask for your contructive comments both as to the quality of the pen and of the photograph itself. While my main aim is to improve the quality of the pens I produce, I believe that the quality of the photograph should also be first class so that people can see what they get...

George

Attachments

• 100_0001 - 640x480.jpg
    100_0001 - 640x480.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Sheoak and Jarrah Twist Pens.jpg
    Sheoak and Jarrah Twist Pens.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

george

Hello;

first of all nice pens. Regarding comments (not that I am a big expert) - what I would change on the first picture is the angle (postion) of the pen; the second could use more light and (or) white balance settings.
I am sure you will get other suggestions also; for some basic information on the photography check this great tutorial on http://www.nealaddy.org/node/16

Keep up good work.

fiferb

The first photo is out of focus at the clip end but in focus at the nib. George is right that the angle is off for this to happen. In the second, too far away. I can't hardly see the pens at all. There is a good tutorial in the library here as well as a forum specifically for photography.

MattDaddy

I have been experimenting with pen photography and while I am FAR from a master at it, I have found that for myself, I am having the best luck placing the pens flat on the table (using a light box with various backdrops). This greatly helps in getting the entire pen in focus at such a close distance. I try to keep the entire pen perpendicular to the camera lens and keep the camera close to the table surface. I am having the most difficulty getting the lighting right. But you are doing the right thing - trying and asking for feedback/advice. Agree that the tutorials available here are helpful. Keep turning and clicking!

TomW

Nice pens.

As for the photos, a couple of suggestions:
In photo #2, what purpose does the circle under the pen stands serve? It's distracting. Also, need to crop out the thing in the lower right corner (camera strap??)
I don't like the verbiage in the photo. I personally like captions separate from the photo.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of advertising the source of the pen kit (PSI). They are not paying you for advertising, so once you own them call em what you want.

Just my $.75

Tom

OKLAHOMAN

George, I couldn't agree more with Tom, why tell them where to find out how much you paid for the "components" (notice never I use the word kit). As to the pens they look fine, your Photo's need some work, on the home page you'll see an article by Gerry Rhodes, print it out and the hints in it will improve you photo 100%. Keep trying you'll get there.

artme

OK, the pens look fine but I agree with the comments of other members regarding photography etc.
I find he finish on the first pen a little dull, but that may be due to focus problems also.

Practice will make perfect.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
How about the GOOD news!!

I really like the color you chose for the background on the first photo. As for focus, heck my eyes can't see the screen anyhow - so who am I to judge???

Thanks for showing off.

oh, I also would NEVER tell my customers where to find ANY of my sources.

Top Bottom