My First Completed Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from old folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

old folks

This is a scanned pic of my first completed pen. I am really hooked now !

20053851556_MY%20FIRST%20PEN%20!.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Nice job on your first one! Hang on to it, I still go back and look at my first pen. It's a good keepsake! [:)]

tipusnr

Nice job. Just retired the second pen I ever did from active use as the first one the wife lost in Kauai.

Is there something caught in the grain on the top half of the pen or is that just the graphic?

JimGo

Congratulations John! Just wait 'till you try some of the other styles. The cigar pens are, in my ever-so-humble opinion, even easier than the slimlines (you're not shaving the woood down to the thickness of a human hair). Plus, because of the diameter of the pens, they really show off the wood. Bill Baumbeck at Arizona Silhouette has some for pretty cheap; for only a few cents more than the cost of a slimline kit, you can get the cigars. Then of course there are the Baron, Jr. Gent, and other, more elegant looking styles too. I have yet to finish a Baron or Jr. Gent (brain fart on my part while making a Baron prevented me from finishing it), but they are pretty straightforward too.

Again, congratulations, and welcome to IAP!

Randy_

Being from Texas, my first pen was a SL out of Mesquite. Mesquite is not the greatest wood for pens; but it is appropriate for a Texas turner. Not planning on doing anything special with it....it's in my display case of sale items with a price tag on it.....$857.99!![:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom