My First Commissioned Pen - A Cigar Pen in BOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JWS Penworks

JWS Penworks

This is my first paying job. I am still in the hole with the first 30 pens I made. :)

A Cigar pen in BOW. Finished 180-0000 steel wool and then MM to 12000, Mylands Polish and Renaissance Wax. Best finish I have ever obtained on a wood pen. Had to fill the knot hole with CA.

BOWCigarPen001.jpg

Thanks for looking,
John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

igran7

Holy Cow!! That is a nice piece of BOW and your finish looks flawless. Congrats on the sale, I'm sure you will have plenty more if they look anything like this one.

arjudy

This is my first paying job. I am still in the hole with the first 30 pens I made. :)

If you're like me the hole just keeps getting deeper!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Great job on the pen and that blank is beautiful. I love BOW. Your finish looks great on that one as well. Congrats on you first sale.

bitshird

"Only in the hole for thirty", That is a beautiful piece of BOW, with a killer finish, My first commission was a slimline set in BOW, You've shown some pens that look like they should sell. Oh and don't worry you'll get in deeper !!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

NC_Horn

Beautiful pen - love the knot - adds so much character. And the cigar shape has to be my favorite to turn.

Congrats on the sale - only thing is - hard to part with one that turns out like that one.

Duane

Top Bottom