sent them into space again

2006731142622_IMGP0231.jpg
<br />

2006731142649_IMGP0227.jpg
<br />

2006731142712_IMGP0230.jpg
<br />

GBusardo

Nice! The plum and white beefwood I don't think I have ever seen before. I think I am in the minority with respect to the comfort kits, I really like them.
Gary

kkwall

Nicely done!

I have a couple of comfort kits that I am going to try out sometime, but haven't got round to yet! Have looked at the kits briefly, but did wonder at the time how to insert the rubber grip part????

Do you need to turna space for this on the blank? Is there info on making these pens available online, as the kits I bought dont have any?

Good work!

Stretch

First, I want to say that I really like your comfort pens![:)]

Second, I want to agree with Gary that I to am in the minority for respect of the grips.

And Third as for kkwall
but did wonder at the time how to insert the rubber grip part????
I usually just cut my blanks shorter with just a little extra room left for the grip, this way I can save wood scraps (my "dutch" upbringing) and also I don't have to spend as much time turning down to the brass tube.

emackrell

Great looking pens Dave, esp the first one.

BTW, for those who are interested, a good variant on these pens is the "E-Z-Grip" kit fm PSI. Has a large rubber grip part on the bottom and only one blank to turn. The big rubber grip makes it look fairly dorky but I've made several for elderly relatives with bad arthritis and they love them -- very easy to hold.

cheers Eileen[:)]

rpasto92

Gary, did something traumatic happen to you on the night of July 31st that involved a comfort pen? You made this post in the afternoon of the 31st
Originally posted by GBusardo
<br />Nice! The plum and white beefwood I don't think I have ever seen before. I think I am in the minority with respect to the comfort kits, I really like them.
Gary
and then made this post on Aug 1st
<br />I voted "Can't stand them" But I really don't mind them. Actually I like the way they feel and people (potential customers and friends) seem to like them also. Personally, I'm not crazy about the way they look, and paring off so much great wood for a piece of rubber kinda "turns" my stomach.
Gary
Do you really like them or are you not crazy about how they look[:)]?[:)]?[:)]?

GBusardo

hahaha I had a couple of reallllllly bad days. Working with no AC and a little problem at home. I really like the comfort kits, but I am not crazy about how they look with the rubber piece. It seems like non woodworkers like the rubber piece though. It also kills me to have to pare off really nice wood. Someone had a suggestion of gluing up a piece of oak or similar wood, so when you pare down, you pare down the oak. I like the way the kits look, but don't like the rubber, make sense?
Gary

rpasto92

I understand...just testing you...and BTW that was me who glues the oak on the end. By doing that I have enough wood left to make a Sierra pen and the oak was free from my uncle who sells hardwood flooring. Speaking of, you can do some nice stuff with free harwood floor samples...I do a lot of segmented stuff with it like below.

20068318408_255-C.jpg
<br />
<br />hahaha I had a couple of reallllllly bad days. Working with no AC and a little problem at home. I really like the comfort kits, but I am not crazy about how they look with the rubber piece. It seems like non woodworkers like the rubber piece though. It also kills me to have to pare off really nice wood. Someone had a suggestion of gluing up a piece of oak or similar wood, so when you pare down, you pare down the oak. I like the way the kits look, but don't like the rubber, make sense?
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom