My first Cob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I stabilized several of these in plexi some time back and finally got around to turning one tonight. I was very pleased with the stabilization, penetration of the solution was throughout and I needed only to fill a few voids near the end. Dyed with yellow highlighter just before applying the CA finish and after the MM. Then MM again starting at 4000 and Novus Fine Scratch Remover.

200593044039_cig_yellowcob.jpg

Thank you for laying the eyeball on her and say anything that pops into your head... if you've a mind to (old Texas/Southern expression for if you feel like it). ;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Czarcastic

Shucks, Billy! [;)]
I gotta say that is one of the best "colorizing" jobs I've seen on a cob. Must be the fact that you used the plexi stabilizer that kept the colors true (they can have a tendency to separate).
Pen looks great.

BigRob777

Billy,
Now you're making me hungry! Nice pen. Some day I'll try one. I have some miniature cobs laying around the house from some harvest party years back. I like the yellow. I'm fixin' to buy some dye for curly maple and buckeye wood (if the sale isn't over). How'd you stabilize it?
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom