My first closed end pen, celluloid euro.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Here is my first closed end pen. It a 24k gold euro with green crushed velvet. I just got my drill chuck and 7mm mandrel from AS. Thanks again Bill for the super quick service. It only took one day to get to my house. He is in Arizona as well as I. That was awesome. The drill chuck works great. Only a couple of thous run out. Quite impressed with it. Nice piece.
The pen is finished through 12,000 MM and polished with Hutt plastic polish. Hope you enjoy and feel free to comment and critique. Thanks for looking.

2007122153257_first%20closed%20end.jpg

2007122153333_first%20closed%20end%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alxe24

Very nice looking pen. I can't recall having seing another one. I'd experiment with a few different shapes seems like there is a lot of potential there.
Congrats

stevers

Thanks all, the mandrel is a 7MM "euro" mandrel from AS. I grabbed it because I figured it would be a simple place to start. Also you only need one. The capped pens need two to do both ends, and I couldn't decide which end to start with. And the cigar requires a few extra steps. So this was the best way for me to begin my journey into the art of the closed enders.

GaryMGg

Nice work Steve.
Just a thought -- my first, and so far only, CE pen was a cigar.
I didn't use a special mandrel; I used Don Ward's method and it worked great.
Check out his recommendations.

stevers

Gary, I watched his video tutorial once, and believe I saved it. I can do much more now that I have a drill chuck. And one of our sons is talking about getting me a jaw chuck or maybe a collet chuck for x-mas. That would be cool. Not something I can afford right now.

Thanks John. The design just sort of made itself. I wanted the end to look that way. Saw a few on line like it and liked the semi flat style. The other lines just fell into place. I'm happy with it as a first effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom