My first closed end...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from marksman

marksman

Here is my first closed end that I am willing to post :biggrin: It is made from a Brooks blank on Marksman kit with the 14k gold nib. I replaced the Marksman finial with a finial I made from the blank.

Photography stills leaves a lot to be desired. Finally got the lighting right (I think), now I need to work on the focus across the entire pen instead of somewhat clear on one end and blurred on the other end.

All comments welcome...and thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Awesome looking pen Mark (and Brooks)!

The lighting looks pretty good for now, so to get better overall focus, you need to close down the aperture (higher number) and raise the time the shutter is open to compensate (if you're using manual settings. From where you're at, on your exposure, you'll want to go up one setting (longer time) on your shutter for every setting you close down on your aperture setting.

For my lighting, I typically shoot mine at around f18 on the aperture and shutter is about 1/8th of a second (tripod required!). But since your lights would be completely different these won't mean much except as an example.

wiset1

Awesome work. I really love the action in these blanks and making it a closed end really adds a touch of class to it. Nice work!

Brooks803

That came out great Mark! I really like the shape you put on the bottom barrel. The closed end is a nice touch as well as the finial. If you make it to the dec Atl meeting be sure to bring it!

SDB777

Use a higher f/stop to focus everything(f11 or f/16 instead of f/8)...

As for the pen. Perfectly done!

Scott (great coloring too) B

Top Bottom