My first Close end (EL TORO)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxe24

Thanks to all of you your pens are my inspiration. Thanks to Bill from Arizona Silhouette for comming up with the madrels for these pens,they are very easy to use and extremely accurate there is a pretty good video about them too (NO ENDORMENT). Today I received 3 different madrels for closed end pens so let the fun begin.
Thanks for looking.

200722110393_Closed-end-01.jpg

2007221103924_Closed-end-02.jpg

2007221103940_Closed-end-03.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Radman

Closed end pens are fun to make, I must agree. If that's your first, You've done a grand job! I like the blank and kit. Haven't seen too many in acrylic.
[8D]

Tanner

That's a beautiful pen Alex. I picked up the mandrel, I just have not watched the Yo YoSpin video from AS yet. You have motivated me to get that done.

JimGo

That's really pretty. I think the shape of that kit lends itself to closed end pens even more than the Jr. Gent/Baron.

csb333

That looks great!! I always thought that the end you left off made the el Toro or Havana look cheap, and that someone needed to develop a finial to screw over it, but this solves that problem.- Chris

gerryr

Very nice work and a good combination of plating and material. The only problem is that it isn't an El Toro from Berea, [:0] it's a Little Havana from CSUSA. Unless, of course Berea suddenly changed the clip.

jthompson1995

It looks like the clips on the two pens are different. I wonder if the design of the clip has changed recently. Personally, I like the one on the black and white pen better anyway. I think it looks more substantial and not like a piece of stamped, pressed and bent metal.

alxe24

Thanks to all for your comments. I can see this close ends pens are going to sell pretty good. Lots of possibilities there.
The pen (is from CSUSA) it looks the same as El Toro. The clip is different on the Rhodium pens and the gold ones as shown on the pictures. Can't tell why.
Tanner if you got the already madrels you're in for some fun, waste no time make a pen and send pictures.
See you guys later
Alex

alxe24

Code:
 Were you able to keep the barrel long enough to use a converter or is it still a cartridge only?

It does fit the converter. I took it to work today and it had a pretty good accetpance. I work at a dealership and a few of the guys there get pens from me, they like the close end look. Interesting thing is that I noticed that more people like the acrilic look than the wood ones. When I show a few of each most poeple pick acrilic first to look at or investigate them for longer than wood pens. Go figure.

mick

Alex I love that pen!! I've always passed over this particular model because of the, in my opinion, cheesy looking finial. By making it a closed end pen you've completely changed the look. That pen is pure class!! I'm gonna have to try this kit soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom