My first cigar... QS curly white oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

This was a wild experience. I loved turning it:D, but I'm not as pleased with the finish as I'd like to have been[B)]. I'll be glad when the Mylands comes in. Two applications of CA/BLO followed by three coats of Shellawax (sorry, folks that's all I have for now). I'm including two pictures so you can get a good look at the curl and chatoyance of this oak.

2005525115249_curlyoak_cig1.jpg

I decided to use the black chrome for this. I hope I made the right decision.

200552511547_curlyoak_cig2.jpg

My only real problem is that I have no idea what to charge for this monsters. I got a dozen from BB and will turn 5 more tonight. I've been getting $20 - $25 for my SLs, but...

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Thanks for looking!:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

Great pen, black was a good choice![:D]
Nice work!

I've just done my first cigars too, I'm thinking $45 for "regular" wood, $50 for "special" wood... (They're all special, aren't they?[;)])

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
The Flecking on the QSWO has a nice effect.
In the picture it's hard for me to see what you are finding fault with in the finsh.
I do use the Mylands 3 step and love it.The application is much easier(though not fool proof) than CA.

hobby_dale

I agree and think that black really makes the wood stand out. Sometimes you want the hardware to blend in with the wood and other times, you want it to contrast the wood for effect. You did a nice job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom