And my first Cigar pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

I didn't know these things were soo big. Lol I tried a little wire burn on this one. The only problem I had with that was trying to get some of the CA fog out of the grooves. That doesn't work real well. Oh well, I'll know next time. Lol

Attachments

• Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 230
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 240
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Nice Pen Bobby,
After many Slim Lines almost any Pen looks big.
The Barrel Profile, makes a "Cigar Pen, Look Even Bigger", Turn it down to a "Flatter Curve", and it will look "More Proportional".
Good Finish,
Congratulations,
Brian.

bsshog40

Nice Pen Bobby,
The Barrel Profile, makes a "Cigar Pen, Look Even Bigger", Turn it down to a "Flatter Curve", and it will look "More Proportional".
Good Finish,
Congratulations,
Brian.
So true Brian. I did taper down my 2nd one using a nice burl.

Nice Pen Bobby,
Good Finish,
Congratulations,
Brian.

First of all, love the Pen. Very very nice work.

I agree with you about 50% of the time on this issue. Sometimes I like to make my pens minimalist, sometimes I just love a fat pen. Seems like my opinion sways on a daily basis when it comes to slim or fat cigar pens.

Here is one my father made last week with almost no curve, he's only been making pens for a few weeks but he loves a VERY slim cigar pen. Not my cup of tea, but to each his own I guess:

IMG_0407.jpeg

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

Last edited:
Top Bottom