My first Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dougle40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougle40

This is my first attempt at a cigar pen . Made from a Chrome kit (from BB) and Cocobolo .

2005123192817_1%20003%20-1%20sm1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

Actually it was a lot easier than I thought . The bushings that I have were a slight bit out on the ends but I found that out BEFORE I started turning and made adjustments for it .

opfoto

Actually the cigar style is the next one I want to try...I like the "beefiness" of it for those with big hands.
One question tho, what do you mean by "The bushings that I have were a slight bit out on the ends but I found that out BEFORE I started turning and made adjustments for it."

dougle40

Originally posted by opfoto
<br />Actually the cigar style is the next one I want to try...I like the "beefiness" of it for those with big hands.
One question tho, what do you mean by "The bushings that I have were a slight bit out on the ends but I found that out BEFORE I started turning and made adjustments for it."

The kit that I bought was a Berea kit and the bushings were from Lee Valley for their "Extra Large Twist pen" and while they looked the same , the bushings weren't quite the same . The top bushing for the finial end is a little bit undersize . I found this out by using a micrometer to measure the fittings and the bushings , something I do on a regular basis and it's a good thing that I did.

dougle40

Thanks for all the nice comments and yes this is the first but definately not the last cigar pen . I still have 4 more kits on hand and 5 more on backorder (gold ones). Now all I have to do is figure out what woods to use . I think my next one will be Austrailian Blackwood with the chrome .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom