My first casting of polyresin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brownsfn2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

To my eye, anyway, it think it looks finely balanced. I have seen some blanks where the brightness of the white overpowers the colors and the result is hard to look at when in office lighting, for instance. Since you're pouring your own, you can achieve exactly the look you want. Thanks for showing.

Chrome

I think that's really nice. Can you describe the mixing/casting methods you use please? I'm fining it hard to get that kind of effect.

Cheers, Chrome

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Ron: For a subdued look, I like it. If you are wanting the colors to POP, I agree with you that you poured too soon. You, also, may have mixed the colors too close together, timewise. Getting it "just right", at least to me, is quite often one of those "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't", issues. It takes practice and we're all still practicing!:biggrin:

brownsfn2

I used the casting craft stuff from Hobby Lobby along with the dyes and pigments. Then I followed the articles in the library and watched a video from a member here (fool4peppers). Search for the video on You Tube. It is really explained well.

I think that's really nice. Can you describe the mixing/casting methods you use please? I'm fining it hard to get that kind of effect.

Cheers, Chrome

brownsfn2

Ok cool. I thought that was the issue. I think that the issue. I think that some of the blue bled into some of the white in spots. It cause the white to look more light blue. I also think I might need to add something to make it more glass like. Thanks for the advice. It will be fun trying to get it right.

Ron: For a subdued look, I like it. If you are wanting the colors to POP, I agree with you that you poured too soon. You, also, may have mixed the colors too close together, timewise. Getting it "just right", at least to me, is quite often one of those "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't", issues. It takes practice and we're all still practicing!:biggrin:

SDB777

These colors seem to be great together! Like peas-n-carrot(Forrest Gump thing).

Nicely poured, and turned!!!!

Scott (glad Bob made some more) B

Top Bottom