My first casting experience

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dwarmbrodt

dwarmbrodt

Hi all,
My first casting experience, and I was excited, rushed it and made mistakes. I started with an equal mix of pearl white and pearl carbon black. Watched the tutorials...was stirring them.... then realized one should not use plastic cups! I missed that detail it seems! Duh! So now both cups are leaking and melting and neither mix started to gel. No choice, I poured the blanks as is. Waited 24 hours. popped them out and they looked horrible. So I picked a cheap Sierra kit and proceeded to build. Yes, I forgot to paint the tube as well. SO, when i did the MM sequence things changed. I love this blank! It looks awesome, and I am not happy with the pics, but please take a look. Again, my first attempt C&C welcome!

Doug

Attachments

• P1040054.jpg
    P1040054.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 244
  • P1040049.jpg
    P1040049.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

So even with the few "OOPSies" along the way, you still turned out something that's quite nice. AND... by avoiding the problems you encountered this time on your next pour, you should have an even more stunning blank. When it comes to casting, nothing beats trial and error.

Congrats. You might be able to block some of the tube that shows through by moving your clip around, if possible.

navycop

Looks good. Atleast you had enough left to pour. My first experiance with the cups was-I had more on the table and floor than I did in the cups..:frown:

its_virgil

plastic cups with a recycle code 5 work fine, Also, if I recall correctly, so do recycle code 1. Nice casting for your first time. I think you have a handle on the process.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

BSea

Looking at the outside of a blank is like looking at an egg. You only have a general idea what's inside. I'm with Navycop, if your 1st pour results in usable blanks, you're ahead of me.

As far as not reverse paining, looks like you came out ok. kinda has a silver & gold look.

Fishinbo

That's pretty good for a first. Like the effect of the colors combined, very interesting looks like crumpled paper with specks of gold and sliver. Keep it up!

Top Bottom