My First Cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cmiles1985

Cmiles1985

This is my first pen to be made of my own casting. I'm not a fan of gold, so I wasn't terribly happy with the pairing. I'd much rather have paired with satin chrome, but.... I got ahead of myself. Good news is, I have three (maybe four) more usable blanks from this first successful cast. Now that I know they're worthy of more than a slimline (read I can afford a slimline if completely screwed up or ugly), I can turn something better tomorrow!

Any and all C&C welcomed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Congrats on your first casting. You have a beautiful blank there, and the pen looks great. I have to go a long with you on the gold, I was think satin sliver. Great fit and finish.

OZturner

Wow A very Striking Blank, well done Clark.
I agree that Satin or Brushed Silver would suit.
IMHO My preference is not to have the Pen as Bulbous.
I appreciate that some people like the Slimline to be a bit thicker at the Nib for their comfort. But it is hard to imagine that someone would hold the pen at this thickest point.
Nevertheless, a Good Pen, with a Fantastic Bank and great Finish.
Brian.

Beedeejay

Nice

Wow,

If that is your first cast I look forward to seeing what else you will come up with,

Just a thought though, you could always just turn the blank between centres and polish to see what it would look like with out haveing to make it up as a pen you might not like,

Keep up the great work.
Cheers Ben

Cmiles1985

I thought about turning the blank and polishing just to see how it would look, but I wanted to try drilling and everything else with it since my mold was a Big Lots hot dog container. I thought I had more slimline kits around, but I was wrong. I have chingos of Saturn kits, but I had already turned down to slimline size. I'll use a better kit today now that I know the cast looks good.

Brian: I was thinking about turning the barrel section flat. I don't know why, but every time I make a slimline, it ends up with the bulbous grip. My hands just won't do it sometimes.

Top Bottom