My first Cactus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Did you know that Prickley Pear Cactus also grows in Kentucky. Well they do and I have some in my front yard.
These two pens are my first try. They are a far cry from the ones I have seen posted here but I will get better---if I can find the time.

20061212222834_cactus3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Yah Curtis these are mine----the cast is a far FAR cry from what you are making.
They are neat looking but I can see so many things that I will do differently next time---like painting the tubes and the inside of the hole. The resin is so clear the you can see the dust inside the blank from drilling.
I also did a poor job of getting the enough cactus evenly through the blank.
But it was a first and they have price tags on them so I can't really fuss to much.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Do you really have prickly pear cactus in your yard or were you pulling our leg? [:)] I think the pens look just fine. Yeah, you really have to watch the coloring. EVERYTHING will shop up and I believe it is magnified like Don's snake pics show. If you want any pointers on getting more skeletons in the blank, shoot me a PM, I am happy to help if I can.

Gary Max

Curtis I will take a pic of them in the morning---in the winter they lay down and look bad but every spring they jump right back. It's not really winter yet so they look better good still.
I know a guy that lives about 10 miles from me the has some that are monsters----over 12 ft tall.
I did look at your web site before I tried this---you have a lot of info there---Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom