My First Business Card

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

Just got through printing my first sheet of my first business card! I am pleased how it came out.:D Kirk[8D]

2005224057_business%20card002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodscavenger

Looks great. I've been toying with a similar idea. My problem is that once I tackle a computer thing I get stuck with a glitch somewhere or another and it takes me weeks to straighten it out.

Gary

That's been my problem. I encounter the glitch then it becomes a challenge to fix it and around and around we go!

jkirkb94

Oops, John!!! You're right. I did forget the logo!![:(] Thank heaven for computers. Let's see if I can add it. If not, I can still go with this one. Will post the edit if I can do it. Thanks. Kirk[8D]

Gary

No John, don't stick that logo on your business card...advertise yourself.

Originally posted by jkirkb94
<br />Oops, John!!! You're right. I did forget the logo!![:(] Thank heaven for computers. Let's see if I can add it. If not, I can still go with this one. Will post the edit if I can do it. Thanks. Kirk[8D]

G

Have you considered using one of your own pens rather than clip art?
I like the IAP logo, will need to design redesign mine.

Fred in NC

Looking good !!!!

Sheesh .... before going into computers, I spent over 20 yrs in graphic arts, and I don't even have a card right now ! The fact that I have a regular job has something to do with it.

Since the logo does not bleed (that means run off the edge of the card, printing jargon) I think it is best to have some margin between it and the edge of the card. 3/16" to 1/4" is considered pleasing to the eye.

jkirkb94

If you make the IAP logo too small, you have trouble reading the smaller print on it. I haven't ruled out using one of my own pens but I just haven't tried it yet. I'm still a novice on using these programs. I originally wanted to have the clip art as a watermark but the Avery program that I am using doesn't seem to have that capability. Word 2003 does watermarks but does it for the whole page, not each individual card. BTW, I appreciate all the comments.[:)] Kirk[8D]

tipusnr

I still use my karaoke cards as I have quite a few of them as well as interview cards and cards from my day job.

This reminded me, however, that the art gallery which has some of my pens was going to make cards for me compatible with their overall style. I'm going to have to go up and look at them sometime. I never think about it because all I get from that shop is exposure - not sales!

jkirkb94

It would be nice if others would post pix of their penturning business cards.[:)] Might help other members get ideas to help promote their pens and help with selling. Kirk[8D]

bassman00

The first card looks good. Simple and to the point. The IAP, since it's in color draws my eyes toward it instead the real purpose of the card. Maybe if you used a picture of one of your pens it could draw more attention than the IAP logo?

Does anyone have a different number for their pen business or just use your home number?

wpenm

My wife and I have a business number and a shipping address separate from our home. Our business number is actually what is called a teen line. It is the same line as our home but different number and ring sound. It's much cheaper than a business line but works great for us. Our shipping address is the UPS store. They can even sign for packages.

wayneis

I agree with Anthony that you should get rid of the IAP logo, it looks like you are a rep for them instead of selling pens. One other thing is that it doesn't say that you make the pens, only that you sell them. It probably should say Handcrafted Writing Instruments by...

Wayne

jkirkb94

Here are my latest and probably my last revisions. Decided to try both. There are mainly font revisions and placement. FYI for anyone interested, I have been using the free Avery Design Pro 5 that you can get off the web site and Avery cards that I got at Office Depot. Thanks again for everyones input!!![:D] Kirk[8D]

200522234037_business%20card%20iap-pen001.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom