My first bullet pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from navycop

navycop

The shell is from fellow IAPer (sorry forgot his name). The kit is gunmetal 7mm smitty37. The top is corian finished with MM thru 12000 and turtlewax scratch remover.

Attachments

• 05 Feb 2011 010.jpg
    05 Feb 2011 010.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 132
  • iap pen picture.jpg
    iap pen picture.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

corian king

Hello My freind.
Nice pen.The only thing I see wrong is."just my opinion" you should have lost the center band and found a bushing in your stash that comes close to matching the casing and used it on that end.You would be surprised at the difference in the look of the overall pen.
Have fun and keep turning!!!
JIM

navycop

Hello My freind.
Nice pen.The only thing I see wrong is."just my opinion" you should have lost the center band and found a bushing in your stash that comes close to matching the casing and used it on that end.You would be surprised at the difference in the look of the overall pen.
JIM
So your saying "make the top the same diameter as the casing"?

Dudley Young

Hello My freind.
JIM
I agree. Other wise it's fine.

Jgrden

Hello My freind.
JIM
So your saying "make the top the same diameter as the casing"?
Yuppers. I agree. Your finish on the shell is very good. I have trouble making mine shine like yours.

socdad

Eric @ Little River Crafts (Birthday Bash Discount Vendor) makes a 'bushing' out of a 30-06 case head that is made to make the upper barrel match the shell … no center band needed.

snyiper

Mike I use a slim bushing as well for the clip end but use Micrometer to match the bullet rim. Dump the center band. Corian is tough to use because when you get it round it is usually smaller than the bullet casing. Nice job on the pen, That's just what I do.

edfarmer67

i use the cigar pen bushing. the one for the top where it meets the lower part of the cigar pen. i turn the blank to this bushing size then use my micrometer to get to the final shape.
i also turn the material to match the shape of the shell casing.

Top Bottom