My First Bulb Filler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JHFerrell

JHFerrell

After a number of false starts, I was finally able to complete this, my first bulb filler. I have included one shot of this pen with my Parker 51 just for scale. This was by far one of my most challenging projects to date. I hope you will forgive my deplorable photography. Thanks for looking and if you have any constructive criticism, I'm all ears.

Attachments

• P1000395.JPG
    P1000395.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 273
  • P1000398.JPG
    P1000398.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 223
  • P1000399.JPG
    P1000399.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 179
  • P1000401.JPG
    P1000401.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 180
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JHFerrell

Thanks guys,

Mark, I don't think there is really any advantage one way or the other. Its just simply another way of filling a fountain pen.

As for the pics, I always have problems with photography...another reason I don't post many pics!

soligen

John, nice job.

The pics are a bit small to see. Be sure you seal the threads on the section and the part that holds the sak so that ink doesnt leak.

As for advantages, a bulb filler will hold a lot more ink than a converter. If this matters or not will depend on the user.

Texatdurango

Where's the ink window? :biggrin:

Like others, from what I can see you have done a nice job!

One thing I can't see is the thread sizes you used for both the section and the bulb filler.

Please tell me you used at least .75mm threads or finer and you plan on sealing them with silicone grease! I sold all three bulb fillers I took to a show this weekend, with one pen, things were a bit hectic and I forgot to put silicone on the threads when inking the barrell for a customer and within minutes he returned to my table with ink all over his fingers. Don't overlook the silicone, even with .75mm threads the ink can come out if not sealed. I'm thinking seriously about using .5mm threads on my next fillers.

Top Bottom