My First Bulb Filler!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's my very first bulb filler. I had a hell of a time getting the ink system to work properly, but after talking with Richard Greenwald at the MAPG he really helped me get on track. The ink window is Lucite (ancient amber I believe) and I cast the rest of it myself in alumilite. I wanted to try my hand at really tuning a nib so I used a one off a kit. It was misaligned and very scratchy to start with. After some work I got it aligned and now it's silky smooth with a nice wet flow. Here are the specs:

Dimensions:

Capped: 6 3/8"
Body: 6 1/4"
Cap: 2 1/4"

Threads:
Cap/Body: 14x.75mm Single start
Section/Body: 10x1mm

Ink System:
Bulb Filler

DSC04631 (700x377).jpg DSC04633 (700x438).jpg DSC04636 (519x700).jpg DSC04641 (700x393).jpg DSC04643 (700x356).jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments/questions are always welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Great Job Jonathon! Great Shape, Great Finish!
I really like the Alumilite you cast. I expect it's really opaque and not reverse painted?
Great job fitting the clip also!

Brooks803

Thank you all for the kind words! This definitely won't be my last bulb filler. I've got this all inked up and have been using it all day.

Great Job Jonathon! Great Shape, Great Finish!
I really like the Alumilite you cast. I expect it's really opaque and not reverse painted?
Great job fitting the clip also!

Thanks Mark! That's correct. No reverse paint at all.

great pen Jon, glad I could help.

Thanks again Richard!

glen r

Jonathan, a beautiful pen and a super great fit on the bulb end. I could not figure out how you filled the pen until I saw the last picture and then still could not spot the seam in any of the pictures.

Brooks803

Jonathan, a beautiful pen and a super great fit on the bulb end. I could not figure out how you filled the pen until I saw the last picture and then still could not spot the seam in any of the pictures.

Thanks! I took great care to try and get everything lined up at the seams :biggrin:

Top Bottom