My first attempt at PC... Also going nuclear

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brownsfn2

brownsfn2

Below is my first attempt at Polymer clay. It was fun to try. The gunmetal kit does not go that well but I was just trying this out and it was the cheapest pen kit I had. It is fun though!

I also did a pen for my son this Christmas. He has been drawing lots of pictures of nuclear wast lately. I thought this blank woudl be perfect.

Merry Christmas!

pen56b.jpg

nuclear2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I certainly don't see anything wrong with using the 'gun metal' hardware...gold would have made me toss some lunch though:eek:

And the 'nuclear waste'....perfect!

Scott (nice turnings) B

brownsfn2

Thanks Guys. I am anxious to try some more Polymer clay. It was pretty easy and it was fun to make a material from start to finish.

brownsfn2

I made it on the tube. I created a speckle cane first. Then I uses some scrap to wrap a base of clay around the tube (very thin) and then placed thin peices of the cane on top of the base layer wrapped around the tube. If you search for Toni's postings she has a good tutorial on Polymer Clay and how to make a pen blank on the tube.

navycop

GoatRider;1331566 Here's a [URL="http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59406" said:
link to Toni's tutorial.[/URL] That's what I used to get started, along with Donna Kato's book "The Art of Polymer Clay, Millefiori Techniques".
I saw that. I just don't know how to make the blue and white dots like you do.

Top Bottom