My First Attempt at Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from booney0717

booney0717

This is my first acrylic. Just one thing i dont like about it. How do you keep from seing the glue on the tube. Is there a trick i need to know about? Any hints would help. The finish is smooth as glass but seing the glue makes it look rough in the picks. Thanks

Attachments

• first acrylic 002.jpg
    first acrylic 002.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 139
  • first acrylic 004.jpg
    first acrylic 004.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 115
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Xander

It's usual to paint the inside of the blank, and/or the tube prior to gluing the tubes in. Painting the 'hole' in the blank is best as it will cover any glue issues and hide the tube

Nice job. Love the color

Last edited:

76winger

Painting the inside of the blanks (called reverse painting) works best because that blocks the view of the glue. Painting the tubes as well helps in case the paint is thin and the glue dissolves some of it.

reiddog1

Aww man, I've turned that blank a couple of times, and for your first acrylic, and you definitely have to do some painting on it. If you search the forums for reverse painting blanks, you will find all the info you will ever need. Took me a couple different technics to find the one that worked for me, but learned it here. Good luck and happy turning.

Dave

booney0717

Thanks for the info. I actually thought about painting the tube but i had already glued it. I did'nt think about painting the blank though. I still have half that blank for the next one and will def. paint it.

Top Bottom