My First Attempt!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Toni

Toni

Finally I attempted to make a Kaleidoscope pen. I have been making Kalei canes for over 6 years they are my other passion next to flowers. The intricate design, the detail the numerous patterns that can be created from the first one. My fear when it came to making it was the joining of seams, but with a little math and some coffee I figured it out:eek: very little distortion, because of the clay brand. You may be seeing a lot more of these!! Great fun to make and it was "turned" :eek: shhhhh......

Pen of coarse is a Diplomat, gunmetal.. from Exotics!!

4620793415_6a91aaf830.jpg

4620793315_a81aa54e67.jpg

4620793361_b1984b3063.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Way to go on the math. I was working on a few kaleidoscope canes until I got caught up in my Mokume. Nice pen and did I here you got a lathe. Welcome to the club!

wizard

Beautiful work !!! I love the unique geometric design and the colors blend with the kit just right ! Gorgeous pen! Would love to take a class from you.

PenMan1

..... You may be seeing a lot more of these!! Great fun to make and it was "turned" :eek: shhhhh......

Pen of coarse is a Diplomat, gunmetal.. from Exotics!!

4620793415_6a91aaf830.jpg

4620793315_a81aa54e67.jpg

4620793361_b1984b3063.jpg

Beautiful Work! Welcome back to the LIGHT SIDE!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Steve Busey

Very cool effect. At first, I thought I was looking at an Escher print - maybe you could try that for your next challenge! :biggrin:
es.jpeg Escher.JPG

JohnU

Awesome work Toni! I really like this pattern. Ive shown several people pictures of your posted work. They all love it but some say they are not in to flowers. This will go over BIG!

workinforwood

It's a very cool visual effect with that particular set of tiles Toni. I really like it. I'd call it the Spiderman effect. Each seam looks like the evil side of Spiderman, Black Spidey is staring at me, and if you look that the tiles on an angle they look like little spider eyes and fangs. Every second seam Spiderman is upside down.

Toni

Thank you so much for all the great feedback!!!

Yes I entered the world of turning, well sorta... I thought it would be used for sanding and polishing, BUT I knew if i did a kalei on a tube it would need to be turned..

Who would have thought you guys told the truth:eek:it does turn like butter(so the dh says) I havent used it:mad: Dont have tools either, got an email in to a member on here for something I think to turn with:confused: I really have no idea what is required to turn pc.

At first, I thought I was looking at an Escher print
I have a whole book on his work!! I would need really good drugs to do that

it is definately geared towards guys

You thought I was all pink and fluffy did you? LOL

Thank you everyone for looking!!

Kaspar

Outstanding! I've been too busy to finish up the one I'm working on. Glad you finally got one up so everyone can see the (non-girlie) effect. And buy kali canes from you. Awesome.

Re: Escher - Tessellation would be rather tricky in this medium, wouldn't it?

Top Bottom