My first acrylic pens & some questions....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Works-in-Wood

Works-in-Wood

Hi all, too long since I've been here...

Just starting into acrylics and these are my first two, well actually #2 and 3 - the first I didn't paint the blank hole and was a disaster!

Now the questions:

On the blue and yellow, I painted both tubes and blank grey, or gray as you'd say - it's made the pen a little dull, should I have painted it at all - or if yes - what colour?

On the white and black, paint was white and I don't think the tubes would have shown anyway, but when turning the blank - when cutting the black, if it was 'flat' on the surface, rather than at an angle to the cut, it tended to lift the black from the blank and leave a hole - bad blank ?

Hope for some answers....

Chris.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 145
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 139

crabcreekind

Very nice pens! Ok so painting what i do is i try to paint the tubes on all non solid color acrylics. I paint it either white to enhance it or a opposite color as seen in this link http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82300. Or you can make it look more solid in color by painting the same color, PS make sure the paint dries properly before gluing in the tubes and turning it.

The 1st one you may have wanted to paint it white, but it is still looks fine. The second you dont need to paint because it is solid color, or at least it looks that way from the pic.

I mean the inside of the hole not the tubes. but using silver tubes from psi also sometimes does the trick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom