My first Acrylic cigar.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikemac

mikemac

I broke down and ordered some Acrylics from Ernie last week... they arrived Friday, and I couldn't wait to try one out. I was so excited, I never even thought about painting the tubes... even tho, except under the bright lights of the photobooth, you'd never notice, as the color matches well :rolleyes:

Anyhow, this was my first, and the wet sanding with MicroMesh, combined with the HUT polish gave it a great finish. If only all WOOD was this easy ;)

acrylic1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Nice blank to match with the kit .Job well done. I beginning to feel better about mine because you too did your cap similar to mine. I like yours.

Freethinker

Great job.

The overall shape itself is worthy of comment.........I think it is outstanding.

In another thread, there is a very interesting discussion going on as to how to turn the cigar pens to the most 'eye pleasing' shape.

It can be hard to achieve a pleasing contour, as it is easy to have the cigar style pen look overbalanced and overly plump, especially in the upper barrel.

The lower barrel is not as hard to get to look "right" to the eye. With this pen, you have come about as close as I have seen to perfection with the curve of the upper barrel, making it curve subtly and somehow 'slimming' it a bit and avoiding the pregnant look.

Again, beautiful job.

Top Bottom