My first 3 color casting attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

217939_409226082470796_911009536_n.jpg

549508_409226152470789_2090158909_n.jpg

481135_409226182470786_1515543248_n.jpg

So, last night I couldn't sleep. Wandered downstairs to look at different blanks coming out of the mold and decided I'd take a shot at 3 color casting while I was too tired to outsmart myself. I used dark royal purple, dark blue and dark green. I was hoping for some radical contrast, but I grabbed the weakest of the 3 blanks I'd made for this just to see if the colors were still there. Looks like the colors are good, and should be better on the other two blanks from this batch. Also, if you have to fart while at the lathe, you should probably move it somewhere else unless you REALLY like your own brand.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Alan that is a sweet looking blank, but I'm not so keen on the gold components. What do you think about a satin pearl finish instead?

Drstrangefart

Alan that is a sweet looking blank, but I'm not so keen on the gold components. What do you think about a satin pearl finish instead?

I would have preferred a regular glossy gold plate myself, but I don't have any left in the stash. I don't think I've seen satin pearl finish, unless it's the same as the satin silver.

Steve Busey

Love that color combo, Alan - very rich!

Also, if you have to fart while at the lathe, you should probably move it somewhere else unless you REALLY like your own brand.

Likewise, if you have a powered respirator, don't mount the "fanny pack" directly behind you when you've had bean burritos for lunch. The "speed of smell" suddenly happens at the speed of light. Don't ask me how I know that.

w00149_02.jpg

Drstrangefart

Love that color combo, Alan - very rich!

Also, if you have to fart while at the lathe, you should probably move it somewhere else unless you REALLY like your own brand.

Likewise, if you have a powered respirator, don't mount the "fanny pack" directly behind you when you've had bean burritos for lunch. The "speed of smell" suddenly happens at the speed of light. Don't ask me how I know that.

w00149_02.jpg

These rules also apply to small shower stalls and the cabins of small trucks.

John Den

I think the blank is terrific - better than the best blanks I can buy over this side of the pond.
The shape is great.
I love the gold!!!
Regards
John

PenMan1

I REALLY like this blank. Your casting has come a long way in a short time!

I have to agree with Derek, I think a chrome, rhodium or even black TI would really bring this blank to life.

Last edited:

Drstrangefart

I have not cast anything yet... mainly because I am stationed here in Hawaii but I would love to turn one of your cast... they look great!

Thanks! Lemme look into shipping costs and we may be able to work something out for you. I'm still very much in the learning stages right now so I'm pretty surprised by the feedback so far.

Top Bottom