My first 2 fountain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Marc Phillips

Hi all... been kinda out of it for a little while... health stuff... anyhoo..

I wanted to (finally!) make a fountain pen...

First one is Spalted Red Elm... second one is Olive wood... then an oooops... chipped the edge so I added some bloodwood on the ends...

I like these pens... they write nice!

Thanks for looking... good to be back :)

Attachments

• Fountain.jpg
    Fountain.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 204
  • OliveBloodwoodFountain.JPG
    OliveBloodwoodFountain.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 215
  • OliveBloodwoodFountain2.JPG
    OliveBloodwoodFountain2.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Len Shreck

Nice Pens. May I ask where you got the kits? I bought one from CSUSA and made the Fountain and had to NOTCH the tube and wood on the cap to get the top on the notch was for the clip. I do not know if this is the way that FP are made since it was my first one. I now have orders for a few for a guy and I do not know if I I need to buy something special to make the notches since the first didn't turn out to MY standards but the guy liked it enough to order a few. Sorry just looking for information but really like the pens.

gwisher

Nice looking pens!

Nice Pens. May I ask where you got the kits? I bought one from CSUSA and made the Fountain and had to NOTCH the tube and wood on the cap to get the top on the notch was for the clip. I do not know if this is the way that FP are made since it was my first one. I now have orders for a few for a guy and I do not know if I I need to buy something special to make the notches since the first didn't turn out to MY standards but the guy liked it enough to order a few. Sorry just looking for information but really like the pens.

It looks to me like they are the flat top fountain pens from Rockler. I have made a couple of them and noticed that after the pen is assembles you have to trim the inside of the cap so you can post it to the pen with the cap off. I have noticed that there is not enough of a clearance to allow the postable cap to post. I like the pens but that is my biggest complaint. just my .02 worth.

Lenny

Nice pens! I have found anything spalted to be a good seller. I really like your recovery on the second one, nice job.

I believe these are Flat Top Americans
http://www.bereahardwoods.com/pen-kit/supplies/pk-flat-top-screw-cap-fountain.html

They require a tenon for the centerband that is 1 7/8" long. If you get this too short it will not post. DAMHIKT :redface:

I too have also found that I have to ream out the cap at the centerband to get the lower barrel to fit all the way in.

Lenny

Top Bottom