My Favorite Style of Pen- The Havana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nilsatcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilsatcraft

I know that this style of pen isn't among the most popular but it's always been my personal favorite- the Platinum Havana Ballpoint. Being the lazy guy that I am, I prefer the twist mechanism for everyday use. This is the pen that my father requested for his birthday. It was made with Mallee Burl from Australia and finished with two coats of Masters Magic Gloss Lacquer and then two coats of Ren Wax. It came out with a terrific shine on it. I'm sure my dad will love it. Thanks for looking!

PS- Sorry for the bad picture- I need to send the pen out today so I didn't take the time to set up a shoot.

2005627201421_MaleeHavana.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

Thanks for all the kinds posts, everyone! My dad will be visiting my brother and his family in Wisconsin (Dodgeville) for his birthday on Sunday so I sent it there. It's always nice to give pens to family members- they usually really appreciate them. [:)]

nilsatcraft

Glenn, I think he'll enjoy the pen but since you're like a father to me, I need to 'borrow' some money. Think you could help me out? [;)] I'm glad you like the pen.

nilsatcraft

I spray the lacquer on with the lathe off. I spray the length of the pen, rotate a bit, spray the length, rotate and so on. I then just spin the pen by hand using the hand wheel for a few minutes so that the lacquer coats the pen evenly until dry. I've been doing this for over a year and it works great (most of the time [:D]). Thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom