My Fathers Day Turnings.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

1st I did a stylus for my daughter. She's a teacher, and their school furnished them with I-Pads, and she's been wanting a stylus for awhile. I played with it a little, and it works well. But the next one I make, I'll rob a slimline & use the cap and clip from the slimline. I didn't much care for the black section right before the clip & finial. It has the threads for the finial, so you can't use the finial from the stylus kit without the black section. The Stylus came from Timberbits.
1_Stylus_Small.JPG

Next up is another stylus, but this time a sierra stylus also from Timberbits. I used a blank I call Seminole Wind. No reverse painting used on this one. Since it has gold in it, I thought the tube might color might help.
1_Seminole_Wind_1_Small.JPG

And Last is an executive Sierra again from Timberbits. The blank is a test of a really expensive MICA from Coastal Scents called Mirage Sapphire. I only bought it because it was during their half price sale. It really is a pretty blank, but hard to use with other colors, so I just cast it by itself. And I see I missed a piece of something in the upper left of the photo. I guess it's time for a new background. This one has a few marks, and I really want something smoother.
1_Mirage_Saphire_Test_Small.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Nice work on all three, Bob. Really like the blank of the Sierra. The mica, is it a powder? Really looks good on that hardware.

BSea

Nice work on all three, Bob. Really like the blank of the Sierra. The mica, is it a powder? Really looks good on that hardware.
Thanks John. If you're talking about the 3rd pic, the mica is a really heavy powder. Some mica is heavier than others, and some doesn't set up as farst as most of them. This one takes at least an hour before setting up (info from another caster. I haven't tried). It would take a lot of testing to get good color separation using this color with other colors. And it's way too expensive for many errors. If I had a controlled environment for casting, I might try it, but casting in the garage with no temp control is hard enough with micas that cooperate.

Actually, I thought you might like the blank with the redskin colors. At least close to redskin colors.:wink:

Top Bottom