My exotic nature marble pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ALLEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLEN

Hello, everyone! It's my first time to show my all pens, very exciting. I love this forum very much, i am an new member, and best wishs that I can share everything with you. There were so very fun to make and you know it's a very hard hand crafted, all barrel is made of exotic nature marble.
I would continue to go on and become better and better.
Welcome all comments, many thanks!

Attachments

• nature marble pen 01.jpg
    nature marble pen 01.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 690
  • nature marble pen 05.jpg
    nature marble pen 05.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 684
  • nature marble pen 02.jpg
    nature marble pen 02.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 728
  • nature marble pen 03.jpg
    nature marble pen 03.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 559

sefali

Let me be the first to say Welcome! Awesome pens, with the Majestic Jr. being my favorite. Are they real marble, or processed somehow? Can we get a closeup of they yellow one in the third pic?

Welcome!

Beautiful pens! Is the marble native to your area?

Are you Chinese originally, or an expatriot?

Thanks for sharing!

cnirenberg

Beautiful pens. That material is very attractive. Is it like a cultured marble? Did you hand turn with a wood lathe or a metal? It's fantastic whatever it is.

JohnU

Beautiful set of pens! That material is awesome and I can see many wantint it around here. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

RAdams

Banned
WELCOME!!

And thank you for sharing these pens with us! Your craftsmanship is beautiful! I am also interested in the marble and what techniques and machinery you used!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Those are all beautiful pens. Great job! I am also curious about the material you are using. Please tell us about it.

altaciii

A big hearty welcome from S. Texas. Great looking pens. At first glance I thought they were buckeye burl. How did you turn the marble? What tools did you use? So many questions???? Hope to see some more of your work in the future.

Lenny

Welcome Allen !
I too am curious about the material you used, but also about the kits. I think the first one is a Flat Top American ? I recognize the Majestic Jr. but what about the last ones ? Beautiful!

JJturns

Ni hao from Easton PA.
你的笔很棒,工艺很精细!
I really like the material, where does it come from?
JJ

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome, Allen. Very good to have you here at IAP.

As everyone else has said . . . or wants to ask . . . how did you do that! Absolutely beautiful set of pens! You do beautiful work.

ALLEN

My exotic natural marble pens

It's my pleasure to share these pens with you, the material is real natural stone, and I've only worked with marble for one year.
Here I was a novice, i would like to learn more, and really want to make friends with you, and please more suggestion and much support.

My English is not very well, ): but I think it's interesting that I should sort out the information for you reference, please give me more time.

Ask: two words -- natural marble and natural stone, which one is better? haha :)

Please if you are interested to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of the natural marble pen?

Best regards!

ALLEN

----------------------------------------------------------
Everything else, feel free to contact with me.

my email address: pensupplier@gmail.com

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As to disadvantages, will it crack if it is dropped on a hard surface, like a concrete floor?

Thank you in advance for any information you are willing to share.

Again, Welcome!!!

ALLEN

Let me be the first to say Welcome! Awesome pens, with the Majestic Jr. being my favorite. Are they real marble, or processed somehow? Can we get a closeup of they yellow one in the third pic?

--------------------------------------
thanks for your comments! the photo of yellow one is enclosed. please more suggestion.

Attachments

• IMG_6922.jpg
    IMG_6922.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 252

OKLAHOMAN

Allen, Your English is way better than my Chinese. I have made a few Alabaster pens, another natural stone but it is much softer than Marble and it did tend to crack and when dropped would crack in half. I used regular tools, are you useing something other than wood turning tools. BTW did you get my PM?

ALLEN

As to disadvantages, will it crack if it is dropped on a hard surface, like a concrete floor?

Thank you in advance for any information you are willing to share.

Again, Welcome!!!

----------------------------------------

Thank you very much for my friend, the crack is really hard work, and I used with normal tool.

ALLEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom