My entries & PITH pen from the MPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I wanted to wait until after the contests to post these.

First off is the PITH pen I recieved at the MPG. It was created by Greg Jacobson (Eupher58). Not sure the exact kit (some form of a sierra though) with a beautiful John U blank!

DSC00887582x700.jpg
DSC00892626x700.jpg
DSC00890700x691.jpg

Next is my entry into the Fit & Finish class. It had to be a basic kit with no alterations. I did a Chrome & Blk Ti Aero with one of my blanks. It's a midnight blue pearl cast in clear and then reverse painted a deep red.

DSC00893576x700.jpg
DSC00897680x700.jpg
DSC00898635x700.jpg

Finally is my entry that won the advanced category. This one I'm VERY proud of! It's a little palm sized custom fountain pen. I made the blank out of alumilite for stability. The front section is black ebonite with a #5 heritance nib. It's threaded on both ends so posting it makes it perfectly balanced for writing. One of the coolest parts is that it takes not only a cartridge but also a converter! Not one of those aerometric squeeze kind either, but a standard twist style converter. The converter is actually smaller than a private reserve cartridge. I'll have to take some comparison pics, but to give an idea. The length of the entire pen while posted is the same length of a Jr. body from nib to finial.

DSC00901608x700.jpg
DSC00904555x700.jpg
DSC00903700x700.jpg
DSC00907700x466.jpg
DSC00909700x569.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

Wow! I love the palm sized FP. I wanted a short one for myself and bought the Toro kits, but I never really liked the shape of them when capped -- the shape is geared for it to be posted. This one I like, both capped and posted. The short converter is a new thing I haven't seen before - I like it! And the cool looking blank just ties it all together. My address is........:biggrin:

Brooks803

When you say alumilite for stability --- do you mean the threads? Or... what?

Not just the threads, but the entire pen itself. Since I made it to be a pocket pen (my front pocket that is) I didn't think PR would hold up over time. So I went with alumilite bc it'll hold up to more abuse.

Brooks803

Should I keep making kitless pens out of PR then??? :(

I wouldn't go that far Shawn. PR should hold up as well as your vintage plastics and those stood the test of time. I knew this one would be getting abused more than your avg pen with it being so small and fitting in your pocket easily.

D.Oliver

All are beautiful pens. What really stands out to me on the fountian pen is how well the swirl lines match up in both the capped and posted postitions. It looks as good posted as it does capped. Great job!

PTownSubbie

Should I keep making kitless pens out of PR then??? :(

Just don't drop them!..... PR castings will crack much much easier than Alumilite castings of the same thickness and drop height...... Curtis created a video showing some experiments.

Nice pens Jonathon!! I am jeolous and wish I could have attended also! Maybe next year!!

jlord

Those came out great! The first one looks like a Ti Gold & Blk Ti Wallstreet II Elegant Beauty. I really like the last one.

Top Bottom