My engineering dream/nightmare

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jj9ball

jj9ball

Okay, so I have 7 hours of work in this baby. Its too long 6 5/8". It feels good in the hand, but looks a little gaudy... and I'm still ready to scream. This was ridiculously frustrating. The pen has 14mm single starts cap to body 10mm single section to body. The pen is 14mm wide on the body and 17mm wide on the cap.... AND ITS A BULB FILLER!!!!!! Holy cow that was hard to do. I used the tutorial in the library for a little guidance and then spent a couple hours "tinkering". The dimensions are a little out of control, and I hope to get that reigned in on the next one. The sack is a #17. I used shellac as a sealer as well as small amounts of CA glue on the threads. There are a few things I will do different next time, but at least I got the first one out of the way. More than many of my other posts... I would really like any comments on this one... especially if you see something I could've done better or if you have experience you think will be helpful for my future attempts. Thanks for looking.
Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2789.jpg
    IMG_2789.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2791.jpg
    IMG_2791.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

...looks good to me! One of my next adventures is delving into the unknown "kit-less" world of pens!

Top Bottom