MY Emperor's new groove

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I've been wanting an Emperor to have in my personal collection for some time now. I was able to buy a few from Constant (THANKS!) when he has some for sale. It already has its rightful place on my desk. Finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. The blank....well I'll let yall take a guess first :cool:

100_2090584x700.jpg
100_2104543x700.jpg
100_2117613x700.jpg

Gotta have that closeup!

100_2109700x667.jpg

Thanks for looking! As always, any comments/critiques more than welcomed! :biggrin:

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow! that is a seriously beautiful pen...and great pictures.

I'm guessing one of your "Fakelite" blanks? That was you, right?
Either way, beautiful... love the black/dark blue with blue and white swirls.. VERY nice..

wizard

Absolutely beautiful pen. As far as the blank, it has such depth and sense of movement to it. The colors tie in perfectly with the kit. Thanks for showing. Doc

wiset1

One of the hottest looking pens I've seen in a long time! The blank is truly amazing...your own I imagine from the looks of it. This truly has a WOW factor to it!

IPD_Mrs

Excellent work. I love the depth of that pour - you could just stare into it for hours! (If you don't mind the semi-demonic face staring back at you of course :eek::biggrin::wink:) Color is fantastic (blue is my favorite) and fit with the kit is astonishing!! Home run!

Last edited:
I like the pen A LOT, but what I am looking at is the perfect mix of white opaque with the blue tint or mica. Someone can say it is beautiful which it is but someone who mixes or has tried to mix resin really knows how nice that blank is.

MartinPens

Wow,
Mesmerizing. I don't know how you do that, but it's just plain awesome! When are you going to start selling some of those awesome blank casts of yours!?

Regards,

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

wiset1

I know right...Any chance of seeing these on exotics in the future or what partner? This IS a high end pour for a high end kit! Again, amazing stuff Jonathon!

ToddMR

What a great pen you have there Brooks! The blank is so great too. I really like the blank. The pen as a whole is spectacular!

Brooks803

That is just one awesome blank and pen you turned there Jonathon. Looks alot like bakelite.

Keith "mrburls"

Thanks Keith! Coming from someone who has turned quite a bit of bakelite that means ALOT!

That's a HOME PAGE pen! Beautiful and probably my favorite of all of your blanks I've seen so far.

:biggrin: I'd love to see it up there myself

ok soooo tell us already what the blanks made of????

The blank is one of my creations. It's definitely not the easiest blank I've ever made, but thats what makes me appreciate the final product so much more.

Wow,
Mesmerizing. I don't know how you do that, but it's just plain awesome! When are you going to start selling some of those awesome blank casts of yours!?

Regards,

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I know right...Any chance of seeing these on exotics in the future or what partner? This IS a high end pour for a high end kit! Again, amazing stuff Jonathon!

Well...lets just say I have some large batches to make and I that I was on the phone with a nice salesman from Wisconsin yesterday...:wink:

Thank you to everyone who has enjoyed this pen as much as I have! This is one I am most proud of. My casting has jumped up so many levels in just the past few months and it's the people here that give me the inspiration to do it and to try new things. :handshake: :highfive:

Well...lets just say I have some large batches to make and I that I was on the phone with a nice salesman from Wisconsin yesterday...:wink:

I will be looking forward to buying some of these beautiful "exotic" blanks in the near future Jonathan. :wink:

MarkD

Awesome Pen Jonathan. Blue is my favorite color and this is one of the nicest blanks I have seen. Great Job!

Kaspar

Really outstanding work. Minor argument with the kit, but if you can churn out more blanks like that, I'll definitely be on the look out for them. Really superb. I'm glad you "Resinators" are working out how to make pen blanks with a great pattern all the way around.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think the cat escaped from the bag, so let's say Dawn and I look forward to adding Johnathon as our newest partner!!! I have often recommended him for "custom" pouring---we hope Exotics will allow him more time for pouring and he will enjoy the chance to create even MORE new ideas!!

Look for his blanks soon--we will certainly let you know when they arrive!!!

Thanks for saying "Yes", Johnathon!!
(I still miss Shea on the forum!!)

Katsin

All your pens look spectacular Jonathan.

Looking forward to seeing a few of your blanks up at Exotics.

Top Bottom