My Eastern Red Cedar blanks make these....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Nothing done to the photo's other then a crop and border added.

Kit: St. Charles w/Gun Metal finish
Blank: Eastern Red Cedar that I cut myself
Finish: CA/BLO with Minwax buffed on

EasternRedCedar01.jpg

EasternRedCedar02.jpg

EasternRedCedar03.jpg

Probably not the best light for shootin' photos, but I didn't feel like waiting for late-afternoon light(it'll probably rain).

Comments and critique very well........thank you!

{I know the bushings were not correct. Calipered the ends, but they still came out a little large on the 'nib' end.....chit! There is also something funny going on in the wood between the nib and center-band.... Was sanding the thing out, but I could never find the end of it and didn't want to sand to the tube.}

Scott (aroma was sooo nice smelling) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

I love the colors of the pen. Can you smell the cedar at all? Good job!

SDB777

I love the colors of the pen. Can you smell the cedar at all? Good job!

Only when you turn it!

My garage smells great now. Had to do something after I had turned that Zebrawood and Desert Ironwood this morning....that stuff smells like a warm turd!

Scott (garage is better now) B

JimB

Very nice. I love to turn cedar. I think the colors are great and it helps to have that nice smell in the shop. I usually finish them with Poly as I think it helps to pop the color.

Rfturner

Only when you turn it!

My garage smells great now. Had to do something after I had turned that Zebrawood and Desert Ironwood this morning....that stuff smells like a warm turd!

I have turned Zebrawood, before it almost is not worth the smell or people that don't know wood thinking that it was just oak. You did a great job with the cedar That smells much better.

Top Bottom