My Dogs Pen's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
It's not really my dogs, it's really a bulls but it belonged to my dog before he did something bad and it was taken away from him. It has some cool grain and I personally think this one may be a big hit with some of the women that I know. It was turned using a skew and the finish is 8 coats of CA, took a little rubbing and buffing to get it to look like this. I was skeptical at first as to whether this would work or not, but with a generous amount of CA, it is solid.

Attachments

• IMG_5268.jpg
    IMG_5268.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_5269.jpg
    IMG_5269.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_5270.jpg
    IMG_5270.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 308
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TexasSteel

It's not really my dogs, it's really a bulls but it belonged to my dog before he did something bad and it was taken away from him. It has some cool grain and I personally think this one may be a big hit with some of the women that I know. It was turned using a skew and the finish is 8 coats of CA, took a little rubbing and buffing to get it to look like this. I was skeptical at first as to whether this would work or not, but with a generous amount of CA, it is solid.

I turned a "pizzle" a while back. Turned like leather only had a "different" smell.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager

I turned a "pizzle" a while back. Turned like leather only had a "different" smell.
What do pizzles normally smell like? :confused:

TexasSteel

What do pizzles normally smell like? :confused:

You got me there. I just know it had an odd odor...

This has come up before with some hunter friends of mine. Where would one find a pizzle to turn, rub, and buff and what did you do to prepare it for turning?

Brian

bitshird

That's a real nice pen, I'll bet that some where out there there's a lonely old heifer that really misses the original owner of your turning stock!!

Top Bottom