For my dentist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

My dentist has been after me to make him a pen, so I finally broke down and made this for him. I was going to just have a tooth laser engraved on the pen but decided on one of the blanks from Exotics by Jeff Powell. I am really pleases with the outcome and think my dentist will be also. Jeff is indeed the master at what he does with a scroll saw.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• dentistpen.jpg
    dentistpen.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 481
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Well seen Bobby,

It is so nice to be able to purchase a blank for different occassions, some years ago I made one using a hand held fat dremel, a piece of white corian in the other hand in 3D using a Dental Burr, inset it in the top of the pen, called it the getting of wisdom and my Dentist framed the pen, since then I have made many different ones using Dental Handpieces and Timber, pen rests with memorabilia inserts. By leaving the tooth half way out it can be incredible, false teeth come in all sizes and colours.

How did your Dentist receive your thoughtful Pen? Also Dental Burrs are great to use the right shape he or she may assist you with purchasing they are much cheaper through them.

My wife as a young girl lived on a farm property and her cousin was a Dentist, she scoured a sheeps tooth and during a visit with him popped the tooth in her mouth when he turned away, he calmly took the sheeps tooth out drilled and filled it and handed it back to her without a word spoken. They reminisced for many years over this.

Thanks for showing your pen it was interesting. By the way additional fun is on Google look up two poems one called Teeth by Pam Ayers a Commedienne in England and the other by Spike Milligan called teeth my Dentist found them hillarious.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom