My daughters pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from reefboy1

reefboy1

Hi all,

Another pen from my daughter Sara. Out of the blue she asked to make a pen.

This is a Gent Jr with Desert Ironwood blank

1_Sara_Ironwood.JPG

Lots of fun :)

Now she wants to do another from Sequia redwood burl.

Art

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SloLouie

Art, How old is your daughter? She did a nice job. The reason I ask is my niece has expressed interest in making a pen. She's about 12, and I'm a bit hesitant up let her turn. I know every child is different. I'm just looking for some advise.
Cheers,
Rob

lyonsacc

The reason I ask is my niece has expressed interest in making a pen. She's about 12, and I'm a bit hesitant up let her turn. I know every child is different. I'm just looking for some advise.
Cheers,
Rob

My daughter is 11 and turns - still needs my supervision, but she can turn a nice pen. We have both made identical pens and we can't tell them apart.

Dave Lyons

nava1uni

I think that children can turn. I have volunteered at AAW and the Utah Symposium in the youth areas and they all were able to turn. We taught them how to be safe and stood by while they were turning to correct their hold, etc. Some of them were as young as 8 years old.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Art, How old is your daughter? She did a nice job. The reason I ask is my niece has expressed interest in making a pen. She's about 12, and I'm a bit hesitant up let her turn. I know every child is different. I'm just looking for some advise.
Cheers,
Rob

Hey Rob,

My boys were 11 and 8 the first time they turned a pen. My nerves were frayed but they did fine.

Top Bottom