My Daughters First Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

A while back my yongest daughter made her first pen and a few months ago my middle daughter made one..well today my oldest daughter made her first pen..she did most of the cutting on the lathe and the sanding,,I dyed it and applies a ca/blo finish

2007729225027_mp1.jpg

200772922513_mp1.jpg

blue dyed curly maple slimline ca/blo finish
thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

splinter99

Thanks John..but I dont have to buy her one..she's 21 and lives on her own..has a good job as a vet. tech. so Im pretty proud of her..She just came to the farm to visit for the day[:)]

neon007

Great pen!! I also would like to know about the dye job? This must have been one of those weekends. My 13 yr old nephew made his first as well. To bad I didnt get a pic cuz camera was out of batteries. Great job daughter. Hope that wont be the last. It appears there is a bit of talent there. Dont waste a talent, explore it.

splinter99

Thanks folks Eddie and Keith..there was a post I put on here a while back that explained it all in greater detail..the post was titled fun with food coloring..I'll see if I can find it and post a link to it..a real brief instruction..I use a gel based liquid paste food coloring that does not contain sugar..turn and sand blank....up to about 1800 mm..apply food coloring with paper towl to desired color..let dry a few minutes..I put on a lite coat of blo to seal it in and bring out the grain..then I do a ca/blo finish as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom