My Daughter's Cool Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

My daughter, RoseMarie went with me to our local Woodcraft today. It was our turning club's demo day at Woodcraft. These pictures are from today.

IMG_0013_zps5113c591.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The final product - The pen tube was painted and cast by Phil Morris who we visited near Birmingham, AL while on our way to UA.
IMG_0015_zps77d35e5d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

It looks like she's been watching the master! Congrats to you. She made a beautiful pen that she should be proud of. Hopefully she will catch the bug and be pestering you for lathe time.... and what could be better than that!

Charlie_W

It looks like she's been watching the master! Congrats to you. She made a beautiful pen that she should be proud of. Hopefully she will catch the bug and be pestering you for lathe time.... and what could be better than that!

She is why I am turning again. RoseMarie came home from school telling me all about making a pen in her tech ed class. I couldn't believe it. The next thing I knew I was buying her a Jet mini lathe. Now 4 years later I bumped up to a Nova 16/24. Now we can both turn at the same time. Great quality time! :monkey:

tommy2tone

Looks good.. She'll have to enter the beginners group at the next MAPG.. I like the way she is holding the skew. I always have a "death grip" on mine..

Scruffy

I second the the thought about enjoying ...

your time with her.

Don't fall into the trap of looking back and wishing you had spent more time with her. They change so quickly at her age.

She seems to have a great teacher :)

Charlie_W

Looks good.. She'll have to enter the beginners group at the next MAPG.. I like the way she is holding the skew. I always have a "death grip" on mine..

In the pic, she was using a full size Easy Rougher square carbide . The store manager had come over and said "here try this"....she likes it!
Can you guess what my next chisel purchase will be?

Top Bottom