My Daily Contribution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's my first real try at segmenting. I know it's not an elaborate design but I'm just happy I was able to cut everything flush. I used an actual acrylic blank for the body, I haven't turned real acrylic since last year (I'd forgotten how bad that stuff stinks! I'll take my PR anyday over that stuff). I used some leftover Red Jasper TruStone for the segments. I made a recess in the centerband so the body would be pushed into it for a cleaner look. The finish is MM to 12000 and PlastX polish. It was fun to make and has really gotten some ideas flowing through my head (which I promptly wrote down so I wouldn't forget) so keep an eye out for a bit more creative pen in the near future. Thanks for looking and especially for any comments!

Attachments

• 100_8616.jpg
    100_8616.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_8623.jpg
    100_8623.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Very nice....I have had considerable problems keeping my segs flush. I understand I need a TS sled, but have not gotten to it yet. Did you use one? Very well done, photos are good quality as well.
Mike AKA: Moke

Brooks803

Very nice....I have had considerable problems keeping my segs flush. I understand I need a TS sled, but have not gotten to it yet. Did you use one? Very well done, photos are good quality as well.
Mike AKA: Moke

I put my blank in my barracuda chuck and parted off the segments, then sanded them on a hard flat surface to try and get them flush. I also need a table saw sled. When I bought my saw I never noticed that it doesn't have those channels on it so I'll have to build a false bottom, put channels in that and build a sled to fit it.

Brooks803

well I turned the new top for it :frown: It didn't turn out quite how I wanted it. I didn't get the angle's matched from the upper barrel to the cap. I may mess with it tomorrow and see if I can fix it. Otherwise it'll stay just like it is.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I also love this color combo.

Top Bottom