My dad turns 70...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

Yesterday my dad turned 70, he is a close friend. I know he doesn't have a lot more birthdays left. He has had diabetes for about 30 years, and has had a pretty good handle on it. I wanted to make him a special pen for his big day so knowing that he loves Eagles I had a good idea, thanks to Constant. Finally the back felt up to doing some turning, with the help of meds, and here is the result. Hope you enjoy. The last on that I made him he has done a good job keeping up with it. Russell

Attachments

• dads pen.jpg
    dads pen.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 391
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Great pen for a great person. I am sure it will be cherished and the memories more so. Thanks for sharing.

Steve Busey

This msg struck a chord with me. When my dad turned 70, he and I were attending a woodturning symposium in Helen, GA. I did not have a lathe then, but knew he was really enjoying his new one, so I bought the weekend for both of us. (btw, I got family permissions months in advance to take him away for his 70th birthday, but as the date approached, got grief for doing so - tough - it's paid for!)

Anyway, when he died a couple years ago at 78, I got his lathe, and have now come to know the joy, and yes, the frustrations, he got from his time spent at the lathe. He never did pens, but his bowls and boxes are still keepsakes. As a proud veteran, he would have admired your eagle pen, Russell. Well done, my friend.

djeaton

As a proud veteran, he would have admired your eagle pen, Russell. Well done, my friend.
Russell didn't mention, but our dad is also an 8-year vet of the Air Force. I was born while he was still in the service, but Russell didn't come along until after he served his two terms.
Daniel

RAdams

Banned
Beautiful story! I enjoyed reading this, and enjoyed looking at the pen even more!

Top Bottom